Greetings Bay Brook Families,
I am delighted that we are beginning 2020 in our new building. Thanks to all the families that stuck it out with us through the swing space period. I recognize that the swing space trials were not perfect, but I thank you for trusting my staff and I to take care of your children.
I am happy to say that our school attendance stayed above 92% during our move. I am looking for our attendance to soar even more as we enter the new building. All scholars that had 100% attendance during the month of January will participate in a free trip to Port Covington and/or have an AttenDance Pizza Party. Continue to encourage your children to come to school on time, every day.
Additionally, we have after-school sports and clubs beginning this January. Please look out for interest flyers.
Lastly, we have purchased locks for all scholars in grades 3-8. Beginning this month, all jackets, book bags, and cell phones should be locked up in lockers. This will support efforts in providing instruction to your students without distractions.
Thank you for your partnership.
Greetings Bay Brook Families,
As we close the end of quarter 1, I want to highlight Bay Brook Elementary/Middle School’s Accomplishments.
- Bay Brook increased their student enrollment by over 40 students. This increase will allow us to have a larger school budget that will be used to purchase an additional classroom teacher, an additional Special Education Teacher, after-school sports, instructional supplies for teachers, and pay for field trip buses.
- All students in grades K-8 engaged in a Three-Day Arts Integration Residency with Future Makers. Students had the opportunity to engage in hands on experiences with visual arts while learning both Reading and Mathematics.
- Students who received 80% or more on Class Dojo were recognized in September and October. These students were able to attend a trip to the Baltimore Aquarium and participate in Game Day. At Bay Brook, we pride ourselves in recognizing students for following the Bay Brook Way.
- In September, over 70 grandparents attended the annual Grandparent’s Day Breakfast. Grandparents were able to eat with their loved ones, play bingo, and win prizes.
- In October, we recognized Hispanic Heritage Month by having students put on a performance for students and parents.
As the 2nd quarter opens, we are looking forward to opening our New 21st Century School Building on January 6, 2020. In the new building, each grade level will have their own laptop cart, every classroom will have interactive whiteboards, and students will have access to additional iPads and technology for Science.
I am looking forward with continuing my partnership with you as we begin the 2nd quarter
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to Bay Brook Elementary/Middle School. We are so happy that you chose the staff at Bay Brook E/M to educate and nurture your child.
Bay Brook Elementary/Middle is a 21st Century School with a focus on the Common Core Standards and Art’s Integration. Students will be exposed to standards that are needed for college and career readiness and have opportunities to engage in various arts. This includes Music, Drama, Dance, and Visual Arts. The staff at Bay Brook believe the arts will allow students to become more engaged while learning Math, Reading, Social Studies, and Science.
Bay Brook is also a Restorative Practice School. This practice teaches scholars to collaborate with others and repair harm caused by one’s words or actions. At Bay Brook students can be seen discussing ways to move forward with others, engaging in restorative circles, and using their words to express their feelings.
We look forward to working with you and your child this school year.
I wish you an excellent and productive school year!
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live it’s whole life believing it is stupid. — Albert Einstein